Friday, December 22, 2006

How to make your inner critic your best friend

Your inner critic (which I think of as "That nasty voice in the back of my head"), is probably one of the loudest voices in your life. Any time you do anything good, i.c's sitting there undermining your victory. Any time you do anything bad, i.c. remembers it for the rest of eternity and throws it in your face.

We can take the worst part about IC and make it the best thing about him. Your inner critic has a hard time shutting up.

A fantastic exercise can be to get a piece of paper, and write "I cannot conquer my clutter problem because" across the top. Now be quiet, because your inner critic will now have a field day and start to rattle off a long list of your past failures and reasons why you will never succeed. Listen closely. Write it all down. Your inner critic is writing their own death warrant.

Go to the top of your page, and say "Even though (whatever your inner critic said) is true, I still deeply and completely love and accept myself, and I choose to be open to the possibility of letting this go."

Tap on an entire circuit. Go to the next thing on your list and do the same thing.

Now, whenever your inner critic starts to lash out at you to hurt you, listen to it very carefully. Write down what it says. Then use EFT to take all the hurt and pain away from the very things it uses to cause you agony with and knock you down. One by one, the inner critic's weapons will dissolve and you will be completely free from it. Shutting that evil little voice up will give you more freedom, peace, and joy than I can possibly express. I haven't missed mine at all!

So, why CAN'T you be successful cleaning the squalor out of your life? I would love to know! So would a little sheet of paper that will hold the nasty things that evil voice says to you, while you dissolve them one by one.

Your inner critic, due to it's nasty desire to hurt you, will point out the most painful things first and show you exactly where to apply EFT for maximum healing. Using it as a tool to help you heal yourself will turn it from your worst enemy to your best friend. Try it and let me know how it goes!

No comments: